Healthy Through the Ages
To help us close out this challenging winter and its epic flu season, local medical experts share some advice for every age.
We asked the experts to weigh in on four health topics that span the ages.
They started with advice on ways to build your child’s immunity, touching on preventing colds and flu. Next they did a deeper dive into distinguishing colds, flu, bronchitis and pneumonia, along with recommendations on treatment. Then some tips everyone can use—how to protect your vision and avoid eye strain in a world of screens. We end with FOOSH—fall on outstretched hand—a common injury among athletes and seniors with balance issues.
Here’s hoping this helps you and your family. And here’s to your health at every age!
Dr. Rajeev R. Shah, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Chester County Hospital
Parents can take some simple steps to improve their children’s immune systems.
Dr. Charles P. Catania, Gateway Medical Associates
This epic flu season isn’t over yet. What are you suffering from?
Dr. John C. Witherell, Crozer-Keystone Health Network
There’s no way to avoid TV, phone, tablet and computer screens, so it’s worth taking some precautions.
Dr. Robert Huxster, Premier Orthopedics
It’s the second most common sports injury, but a fall onto an outstretched hand (FOOSH) can happen at any age.
back to top
Our Favorite Resources
- ACTS Country House
- Brandywine Valley Veterinary Hospital
- Brandywine Oral Surgery
- Chester County Hospital
- Dental Distinction
- The Devon Senior Living
- Five Star Senior Living DE
- Friends Home in Kennett
- Glen Mills Senior Living
- Hershey’s Mill
- Hughes & Hughes Family Dentistry
- Ivy Creek Retirement Living
- Lancashire Terrace Retirement Village
- Lionville Natural Pharmacy
- Northbrook Canoe
- Pleasant View Retirement Community
- Quarryville Presbyterian Retirement
- Spring Mill Senior Living
- St Martha Villa
- SV Dental
- Thorncroft Equestrian Center
- Tower Health
- Unruh Insurance Agency, Inc.
- Urban Air Trampoline Park
- Veterinary Dentistry Specialists
- White Horse Village
- Willow Valley Retirement Communities