Healthy Through the Ages
To help us close out this challenging winter and its epic flu season, local medical experts share some advice for every age.
We asked the experts to weigh in on four health topics that span the ages.
They started with advice on ways to build your child’s immunity, touching on preventing colds and flu. Next they did a deeper dive into distinguishing colds, flu, bronchitis and pneumonia, along with recommendations on treatment. Then some tips everyone can use—how to protect your vision and avoid eye strain in a world of screens. We end with FOOSH—fall on outstretched hand—a common injury among athletes and seniors with balance issues.
Here’s hoping this helps you and your family. And here’s to your health at every age!
Dr. Rajeev R. Shah, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Chester County Hospital
Parents can take some simple steps to improve their children’s immune systems.
Dr. Charles P. Catania, Gateway Medical Associates
This epic flu season isn’t over yet. What are you suffering from?
Dr. John C. Witherell, Crozer-Keystone Health Network
There’s no way to avoid TV, phone, tablet and computer screens, so it’s worth taking some precautions.
Dr. Robert Huxster, Premier Orthopedics
It’s the second most common sports injury, but a fall onto an outstretched hand (FOOSH) can happen at any age.
back to top
Our Favorite Resources
- About Feet Podiatry Center
- Angel Companions
- Barclay Friends
- Berks Homes
- Brandywine Valley Veterinary Hospital
- Canvas Valley Forge
- Chester County Hospital
- Jay S. Cooperman, MD (MDVIP)
- Daylesford Crossing
- The Devon Senior Living
- Dunwoody Village
- Eden Day Spa & Salon
- Exton Senior Living
- Freedom Village at Brandywine
- Friends Home in Kennett
- Gateway Medical
- Glen Mills Senior Living
- Greenfield Senior Living
- The Hickman
- Highlands at Wyomissing
- Integrated Dental Care
- Kendal-Crosslands Communities
- The Laurels
- Lionville Natural Pharmacy
- Lodge Lane Assisted Living
- Meridian at Eagleview
- Maryanne Ost, MD (MDVIP)
- Pediatric Dental Associates of Glen Mills
- Penn Medicine / CCH
- Pinnacle ENT Associates
- Pleasant View Retirement Community
- Pottstown Memorial Medical Center
- Premier Orthopedics at Paoli Hospital
- Quarryville Presbyterian Retirement
- Riddle Village
- SV Dental
- Spring Mill Retirement
- St. Martha Villa
- The Summit In Hockessin
- Surrey Services for Seniors
- Tel Hai Retirement Community
- Tower Health
- Village Psychology
- Watson Run
- White Horse Village
- Willow Valley Retirement Communities
- Zerbe Sisters Nursing Center Inc.